Consultant / Contract Engineer
William Mitchell and Associates, Suwanee, GA
- Contract engineer for military, medical, industrial and commercial companies in Atlanta area; experienced in operations, procurement, planning, manufacturing, quality engineering and SAP.
PSES Super Power User
Johnson Controls Inc., Milwaukee, WI
- Member of the Organizational Change Management Team (OCM).
- Supported SIT (System Testing) and FUT (Function Testing) testing using HPQC software.
- Supported SAP testing, implementation and training of plant personnel.
- Served as a liaison between SAP software engineers and plant personnel.
- Provided SAP systems analysis to ensure the needs of the users are met.
- Trained in Area Manager reporting functions using SAP transactions.
- Created “As Is” process flow charts for SAP operations at San Antonio Distribution plant.
- Created SAP training documentation / instructions using Ancile uPerform software.
Product Analyst and Senior Buyer
Nordson Corporation, Norcross, GA
- Product Analyst and Senior Buyer duties include the development of production master scheduling, planning and buying of materials and assemblies in SAP in Europe, China and USA sources. Culminating 10 years experience in SAP. Knowledgeable and proficient in MM and PP modules of SAP.
- Prepares schedules reflecting manufacturing capacities and customer service objectives.
- Create and oversee master schedules.
- Create and prompt placement of purchase orders.
- Maintain current price data, including trends and forecasts for assigned commodities.
- Maintain supply chain schedule and deliveries.
- 98% on time delivery for items that are forecasted and 90% on scheduled assemblies. Bought $8 million in parts and assemblies with a cost saving variance of 2% over each of the 4 year period.
Nordson Corporation, Duluth, GA
- Managed daily operations for manufacturing of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies in SAP.
- Manufacturing engineering.
- Production and material control.
- Subcontract management.
- Inventory control.
- Successfully transitioned manufacturing facility from Fairfield, New Jersey to Atlanta, Georgia in 2002. Transition included hiring new manufacturing and test personnel, factory set-up and establishment of subcontract vendors. During first year period, the number of personnel was reduced from 12 to 5, sales increased by 126% and profits increased by 149% over the previous year.
Director of Manufacturing
Loral Information Display Systems, Atlanta, GA
- Manufactured printed circuit boards, assemblies and display systems. Direct reports were manufacturing, test, material control, production control, new product development and manufacturing engineering. Reported directly to the Vice-President of Operations and was responsible for 6 managers and 80 employees.
- Meeting and exceeding the profit goals set by corporate for each year.
- Implementation of a high reliability system to Mil-S-45743 requirements.
- Successful transition of two major prototype military systems to production in 6 month period.
Quality Engineering Manager
Litton Data Systems, Colorado Springs, CO
- Responsible for generation of engineering change orders to Contacts, deviations / waivers, vendor corrective action and qualification, government customer interface, problem investigation, production problems related to quality, internal audits, training, material review board, and contract quality analysis. Manager of 7 employees.
- Successful implementation of SPC program for production areas.
- Successful implementation of a Total Quality Management (TQM) program.
- DOD, Quality Engineering and Reliability Intern Program, Rock Island, Illinois
- US Army, High Reliability Soldering Instructor Mil-S-45743
- Quality Assurance Specialist in Mil-Q-9858, ISO 9000
- Military Service, US Navy, Aviation Electronics Technician
Purchasing and Materials Management100%
Project Management and Contract Engineering95%